Citation for fare evasion on Los Angeles metro. Found ticket on my person minutes after being ticketed. Plead not guilty?

I was given a citation for fare evasion 640 (b) (1). I was unable to produce a ticket for the red line within 30-45 seconds. A uniformed agent wrote me a citation that can cost up to $250 plus 48 hours of community service. I found the ticket in my backpack as soon as I got to work. Should I plead not guilty? I'm reading horror stories on line about how you should "Just pay it" and "Don't fight it."

1. Being from SF I do not know the LA Metro system. But if the ticket shows the date and time of purchase then yes you should fight it. If it's a generic looking ticket with computer code on it the code probably contains this information as well. If you paid fight. Why should you pay a $250 fine and do community service if you are innocent.

Traffic tickets topics