Citation for: Notice to Appear and Show Cause For Deferred Disposition? What d

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

Hi. I was set for probation from September to March to maintain financial responsibility. Through a series of unfortunate events I did not meet this and I received a citation to appear before court. However, I currently do not have a car after getting in a car accident, and I was ticketed for failure to maintain insurance during my probation. What should I expect... am I going to get my license suspended? Will I get to pay a fee instead? Anything I can do? Do I need a lawyer? I won't have a car for several months so I still do not have insurance.

The accident was in March. My insurance was cancelled in Febuary.

1. Joseph Francis Vinas

Answered . You will most likely need a lawyer. Usually the traffic courts take driving without insurance more seriously than anything else they handle. You're looking at losing your license and paying a pretty stiff fine.