Children Counselors in a Court related case,for helping in awarding the visitation.

Rockville, MD |

Could you share some contacts regarding children counselors,as this is Court related,requested by the judge,after which they have to report/give their feedback at Court.
Surprisingly I was informed by most of them,since its Court related they do not accept Insurance,instead they charge directly,which is alot,about $200-300 for one hour sitting.
Where can I find a no-charge or affordable Court related Counselors for Children?

1. If you case is in Montgomery County Circuit Court, it is highly unusual for a judge to request a couselor and not appoint one. Typically, the Court will have a report prepared by persons appointed by the Court. I think there may be some confusion on your part. I strongly suggest you speak with an attorney and determine the status of your case. (You would be well advised to have an attorney representing you anyhow.) Worst case, the attorney can give you a referreral.

Please be advised that any information or advice given herein does not constitute an attorney client relationship. Further, before taking any actions or deciding not to take any actions, you should seek counsel of an attorney. This forum cannot provide you with the anyalysis and detail necessary for a full and accurate opinion to be rendered.

Child custody topics