Child visitation I requested temporary visitation. and judge asked my wife to respond and she said supervised only

Asked 6 months ago - Orlando, FL

My soon to be ex wife will not allow me visitation unless its supervised thru a court place . that supervises. i asked her and judge for visitation and she has written judge she doenst feel its in the kids best interest. and she claims I was drinking last time I saw her and children. No arrests no incidents when she was referring just her feelings to the judge . that was in October she was referring and she is lying. Can the judge just agree with supervised based on her feelings. With out any child endangerment.I filed for temporary shared parenting and she responded with her feelings and aske for supervised only. Can I write the judge again . He didnt make a descission yet. But what if he says supervised only. Not fair. plus it costs money. please advise. no money for attorney.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Joshua Edward Rhea


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . She (and you) can request anything within reason, it is not out of the ordinary to ask for supervised visits, but she better have a good reason to back that up! The Judge has not made a decision yet because there has been no hearing on the matter, he won't make one based on your pleadings/letters. Call the Court and ask to get a hearing on this matter! Also, you may want to speak with an attorney, most offer free consultations, you may find that it is within reason (especially considering it involves your children)

    Please be advised that by answering this I have not formed any attorney-client relationship nor have I intended to... more
  2. Michelle Rene Fernandez

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree. You need to schedule a hearing on your motion for a temporary timeshare schedule. During this hearing, the Judge will make a decision using the best interest of the child standard. The Judge needs more from the mother than "because I said so". She needs proof. If these allegations are false, as you say, then you don't have to worry about her having anything to back up her claim. Perhaps you should contact an attorney in your area to review your case and discuss possibilities of representation with you. Good luck.

  3. Robert Jason De Groot


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to get an attorney, without one you may well end up hating the system for many years to come. Basically you cannot afford not to have an attorney on your side and fighting for you.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,610 answers this week

2,959 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,610 answers this week

2,959 attorneys answering