Skip to main content

Child support until 18 yr old however has >$39000 in back, can you petition for payments to continue?

Omaha, NE |

order indicates that the when our oldest daughter reaches age of maturity then the payments will be reduced but I wondered if i can petition to keep the payments the same to help defer the costs of her college with the payments since he is more than $39,000 in the rears... also, he did NOT pay for ANY of the bills that were his to pay for in the decree... i paid for them.. he has NEVER paid any child care and until August of 2013 has NEVER paid for any health related costs as indicated in the decree

Attorney Answers 1


You can go after him for the prior amount but not any amount following the age of 19 in Nebraska.

Most lawyers will give you a free consultation if you ask for one. We do this all the time, but remember that our time is valuable and you should stay with the people who help you the most.

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics