Child support questions about remarriage and state jurisdiction.

Albert Lea, MN |

My divorce and child support order are in AK. I am now living in MN and would like to get remarried. Can the state of AK or my Ex go after my new husband's income and Federal tax refund for back and future child support?

You may wish to ask this question of an attorney who practices in and is familiar with the laws and procedures of child support collection in your former state of residence.

I think it is unlikely that your husband's income is fair game for your apparent child support obligation. However, it is more likely that the refund from a jointly filed tax return may be reachable. Again, you should seek consultation from an attorney in Alaska.

The content of this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as a source of solicitation or legal advice. An attorney-client relationship is not formed by viewing this answer or by sending electronic mail to the writer. Further, information contained herein is not to be construed as an invitation for an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Divorce