Child support question.

New York, NY |

My husband (split) is currently on probation.

He is behind 28000 on child support. How can i get a case started on this? - What procedures do I have to take?

Please someone help, I'm not very rich and can't afford an attorney. Any/all advice is welcome.

1. Go to the family court in your county and speak with the clerk's office. They will provide you with a violation petition to fill out. File that with the clerk's office and your case will be put on the court's calendar.

The above answer is intended for informational purposes and is not legal advice. It does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship.

2. File a violation petition with the Family Court. You will then need to arrange to have him served with the petition. You're best advised to do so via a process server or the Sheriff's office. Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce lawyer for a full assessment.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.

3. File the violation petition in family court. As others have suggested, it is really quite simple. Make sure to bring the order/agreement when you go to file. Going forward request the assistance of support collection.

The content of this post is not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. I am not your attorney and no attorney-client relationship has been formed based upon this exchange.