Child support owed by non custodial parent

Asked over 1 year ago - Bellmawr, NJ

daughters father owes $7100.00 in child support in nj, childf support is doing nothing to find him so my daughter can get the support. what other options do i have? I am a single parent working a part time job to make sure she gets the things she needs. Any advice on what steps I can take?

1. Philip Smith Burnham II

Pro

1

Answered . You need to go file an enforcement action in the family Court. As part of the motion, I would ask the court to do the following:

1) Income Withholding;
    2) Reducing the amount to a judgment;
    3) Passport denial;
    4) Credit reporting - A non-custodial parent who owes $1,000 or more in past-due child support could have this fact reported to credit agencies;
    5) Tax Refund Offset;
    6) Strict Reporting;
    7) driver's license suspension; and,
    8) Warrant.

You should file a motion with the Court immediately and I would hire an attorney who can assist.

2. Ronald Glenn Lieberman

Pro

1

Answered . You should initiate an enforcement application right away.

3. Jeffrey Alan Kerstetter

Answered . There really is not much to add beyond what has already been said except that waiting too long to act could make things even more complicated. You may wish to seek an experienced matrimonial attorney who is willing to work with you as to payments so that your children get the support they need. This man is working somewhere and wherever that may be...you should be able to garnish his wages to get this support.