Skip to main content

Child support owed by non custodial parent

Bellmawr, NJ |

daughters father owes $7100.00 in child support in nj, childf support is doing nothing to find him so my daughter can get the support. what other options do i have? I am a single parent working a part time job to make sure she gets the things she needs. Any advice on what steps I can take?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to go file an enforcement action in the family Court. As part of the motion, I would ask the court to do the following:

1) Income Withholding;
2) Reducing the amount to a judgment;
3) Passport denial;
4) Credit reporting - A non-custodial parent who owes $1,000 or more in past-due child support could have this fact reported to credit agencies;
5) Tax Refund Offset;
6) Strict Reporting;
7) driver's license suspension; and,
8) Warrant.

You should file a motion with the Court immediately and I would hire an attorney who can assist.

I would be happy to follow up with you. Please email me directly or call my office if you would like to schedule an appointment either in person or by telephone. Disclaimer: You cannot rely on the advice of an attorney given over the internet. The exact facts of your situation, including facts which you have not mentioned in your question, may completely change the result for your situation. Please be aware that the above comments are neither protected by attorney-client privilege, nor may be the basis for a malpractice lawsuit should the suggestion be followed with undesirable results.


You should initiate an enforcement application right away.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed


There really is not much to add beyond what has already been said except that waiting too long to act could make things even more complicated. You may wish to seek an experienced matrimonial attorney who is willing to work with you as to payments so that your children get the support they need. This man is working somewhere and wherever that may should be able to garnish his wages to get this support.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer