Child Support Modification

Lacey, WA |

I have been served documents to modify child support. I am fine with that considering that the child has moved to the new age bracket and it has been more than two years. However, after looking through the documents I noticed she was putting in numbers that best suited her interests. All the numbers above the basic child support obligation are somewhat correct. But she changed the basic support to suit her needs and make me pay more. How do you prove this though? She has always bragged to me about how good she is at filling these out so I always let her do it and trusted her and signed it. I got copies of the current support order and she did the same thing! I have been over paying by 113.5$ a month because of this. What can I do?

1. You have the right to contest the child support modification and submit your own child support worksheets that substantiate your position. There are deadlines/timelines so make sure to meet those so as to not be defaulted. You may want to hire an Thurston County attorney to simply review the work for accuracy.