Child support meeting after paternity?

Aurora, CO |

My ex was confirmed to be the father of our child through paternity testing. His in the army reserve. What kind of benefits will my son be entitled to with his military benefit package? How will child support be calculated?

Your son is entitled to all of the benefits for any child of military parents. This includes health insurance as a dependent. Child support will be based upon the Colorado Child Support Guidelines, assuming that Colorado is the state with jurisdiction to make such decisions. If you are handling matters yourself, you can review C.R.S. 14-10-115 which is the child support statute. Better yet, consult with a family law attorney who can fully advise you of your rights. Good luck to you.

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Good advice by Mr. Littman

Mr. Littman is exactly correct. Child support will be determined pursuant to statute based on the gross incomes of the respective parents. You child should be entitled to any benefits that the father is entitled to through the military

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

Shaye Larkin

Shaye Larkin

Great response by handsome Christopher Leroi