Child support iwo

Asked over 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

I had CS amount modified from $500 to $300 but the court keeps taking $500 out of my wages. How can I stop this? Do I need to file a motion? If so, What type?

1. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton

Pro

1

Answered . You need to have a new wage assignment order (Income Withholding Order, FL-195) served on your employer with the correct amount. You don't need to file a Motion, since the relief you requested was already granted. I suggest you go to the Family Law Facilitator's office at the court and ask for assistance with filing a new wage garnishment order (Income Withholding Order). All child support orders must be processed by the State Disbursement Unit and if you have an open Child Support Services case, then I suggest you contact the staff attorney assigned to your matter to help you. You have a right to have the correct amount taken out of your pay check, but understand that sometimes it takes a some time to do all of the things necessary to modify the wage assignment (Income Withholding Order). Good luck.

2. David Alexander Yomtov

Pro

Answered . Get the IWO replaced by a more accurate and up to date one. Make your way to the Self Help Clinic for free help with this.