Child support in California ?

Elizabeth, NJ |

Please tell me about child support laws in California . I'm resident of another state .
07606
Please help
I live in New Jersey , but a baby live with another parent in California ,i have a job but the other parent stop working ,how they calculate the child support between 2 states? What other factors decrease or increase the child support ?
?

Child Support in the State of California is largely based on 2 factors: the amount of time each parent spends with the child(ren), and the relative income of the parties. If the case is in California, then it does not really matter where you live--California guidelines will be used to determine the appropriate amount of child support. I am including links below which will help you understand the laws pertaining to child support in the state of California. Good luck to you.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button or "Best Answer" at the bottom of this answer. By answering this question, the Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not intend to form an attorney-client relationship with the asking party. The answers posted on this website should not be construed as legal advice. The Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not make any representations about your family law matter, but rather, seeks to provide general information to the public about family-law related matters. You should consult with an attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case. Thank you.

2. This is an incredibly broad question that's probably not best suited to a forum like this. I suggest conducting online searches for the State of California's child support offices to get contact information.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.