Skip to main content

Child Support for Pennsylvania

Philadelphia, PA |

I am currently 19 my father is up to date in the child support, we agreed he would pay through college. But the court just terminated the order, I wanted all of the payments to go through the court because its simpler that way. He is in agreeance with the child support order. What can be done now?

Attorney Answers 2


The states can only enforce child support orders until the child is 18 or out of highschool unless ther are "special needs If he is willing to continue to pay for you through college good for you and thank him profusely just have him send you the money that he would have paid to the state for child support

Mark as helpful


The parents legal obligation to the child ends at 18. The courts have no place in this continued support. Work it out with your father.

Mark as helpful

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics