Child Support Calculation based on FL Child Support Guidelines

Asked over 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

EX husband has provided a paycheck that shows paid a gross total paid through 12/17/2011. (His next paycheck is in January 2012 which pays for the remainder of 2011). Would this not mean and that the gross shown is for 11.55 months in 2011?

Correct calculation of his gross monthly amount then should be Gross total divided by 11.5 months = monthly gross amount?

1. Jennifer Ann Jacobs

1

Answered . Yes technically that is true. You could also add the additional amount paid in 2011 (based on the January 2012 paycheck) and then divide by 12 for the monthly gross amount.

2. Jeffrey B. Lampert

Pro

1

Answered . I am going to disagree with your approach. Your ex husband was alive for 12 months in 2011. He had income during that time period. What he received in 2011 is divided by 12 to get the monthly gross. I realize this makes for a lower gross than if you divide by 11.5 months, but the child support guidelines are based on actual income received, not earned.

My question to you is: if a paycheck is dated 12/17/11, wouldn't the next paycheck 2 weeks later be 12/31/11?