Child Support and visitation modification filed in 2011. Case is stuck in the system, almost 2 years. How do I move it forward?

Asked about 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

Modification request filed in Nov 2011. We went to mediation without resolve in Aug 2012. The case is stuck in system without any movement. Ex also has a pending divorce and child support case in Broward county with his 2nd wife and is using my case in Orange county in his favor due to the child support he is providing to me. ex also filed motion to compel me to comply with marital settl on a separate issue in July 2013 which has been cleared, but now it seems on face value that there has been movement on original case , but that was not related to modification. Its 2 years, what are my options to move case forward?

1. William Charles Rosenfelt

5

Answered . Notice it for trial immediately. Get it on the trial docket and things will have to start moving along. Good luck.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando)

2. Carin Manders Constantine

5

Answered . Reatian an attorney who can file a Motion to set Trial. Good luck

3. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

3

Answered . If a supplemental petition for modification of child support was filed by either one of you and you have already gone to mediation without any resolution, and any and all financial discovery has already been complied with, you need to file a notice that action is at issue and ready for trial. Once filed, if done properly, the court will begin to set your case on the docket. Right now it is just pending and will not get set automatically.

I am not sure if you were the one that filed or if he did, but I would recommend you consult with a local and experienced family law attorney and possibly obtain representation to assist you the rest of the way. Many great attorneys can be found here on Avvo just by doing a local search to Orlando and will offer free consultations, myself included. That is at least a starting point.

Ophelia Bernal-Mora
    Orlando Family Law Attorney
    407-354-5223