Child support and half of medical payments

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

I had to buy new glasses for my daughter since she broke them and there was no replacement plan . Can I charge half of the cost to my ex if she is responsible for half of reimbursed medical expenses ? I bought my daughter $ 300 glasses .

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

6

7

Answered . Most likely this should be answered in your divorce agreement, most times uninsured medicals are either shared equally or the recipient spouse is responsible for the first x amount then they are divided. If there is no provision, ask for half if not go to court as this will come up again. take care.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

Answered . Depends on the wording of the child support order if he responsible for his share of the unreimbursed. If he is responsible for the unreimbursed and he does not pay, then file a motion for enforcement.

3. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

3

Answered . If there was an agreement to that effect, then the answer is yes. Sometimes the agreements have those expenses incurred by the custodial parent, however. I thus encourage you to bring the agreement & priors orders/judgments into a NYC Child Support lawyer for him/her to review at a consultation.

* If you found my answer to be helpful, or the "best answer," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
  4. Deborah G. Fiss

1

Answered . yes.