Child support

Asked almost 6 years ago - Stamford, CT

what do I do in my case..I am in a forign country..and I make almost 100$ a month..my child support in Florida is 250$/month..for the past year my sister is beeing helping me out..now she can not doing any more..I never myss a payment..do I have to write ro my court judge an official letter???to inform the court where am I...Thank you and I will be witing for your answer

1. Alex Meyerovich

1

Answered . There is a legal process that might be available to you. You may request the court to modify the child support order in light of your current economic situation. Your presence in court might be required. Please contact an experience family law attorney who also has experience in immigration matters to discuss possible resolutions of your particular case.

The responses and information are intended to be general and should not be relied upon for any specific situation. Best of Luck!

Alex Meyerovich, Esq.