Skip to main content

Child Support, please help.

Jackson, GA |
Filed under: Child support

I selected "close my case" (child support) by accident. The court date was scheduled for December 3 which is very soon. Is there a way to UNDO since it was done on the internet ? And why is it required that I be in court with $131 to close the case ?

Attorney Answers 2


Contact your local child support office and tell them about your situation. If all else fails, attend the hearing and tell the special advocate that you unintentionally closed the case online.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it “Helpful” or “Best Answer” using the buttons provided. If you would like further information, please feel to contact me at or (770) 547-8529. I offer a free telephone consultation to all clients. You can also e-mail me at

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees

1 comment

Charles Vincent Crowe IV

Charles Vincent Crowe IV


As an addendum, I would add that you should reach out to an attorney before attending any hearing. I never recommend that individuals attend hearings unrepresented.


Mr Crowe's answer is the best way of approaching this matter. Do not stress too much over this and if you find yourself unable to wait until the Court date, go down to the Child Support Office before the hearing date.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the State of Georgia.

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics