Child support ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

ok, my ex-wife and i had a case open before the court that had jurisdiction over the issue of child support, the administrative court did not have authority to enter an order requiring me to pay child support to my ex-wife. Especially since we were ordered to establish a joint custody agreement. so can i get that judgment vacated. cinse it was filed because i can shows that another court had jurisdiction over the matter at the time that it was filed, will that be sufficient to get it dismissed and to get any arrearages that have been assessed to me purged. also my ex hid are child for 3 years and i now have soul custdy of are child and she now has to pay child support ourderd by the court who actuley has jurisdiction in the first place.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Terresha Deneen Wile Stevens

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to consult with an attorney, there are other factors that need to be considered that are not included in your questions.

    Disclaimer:The answer provided is for informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon as specific legal... more
  2. Robert Stephen McAngus

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . I agree with the previous answer that there is a lot to this question that requires the guidance from an experienced attorney. You should definitely sit down and consult with one to find out your best options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,415 answers this week

2,985 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,415 answers this week

2,985 attorneys answering