Child Molestation Charges....Register as a Sex Offender....Question?

I was told that a sex offender can "un-register" in 6 yrs if he/she shows good conduct, is this true?

No.

There are forms to fill out, hoops to jump through.. It is not a guarantee and depends on the charges. In some cases, yes it is possible. However, you need to speak to an attorney to see if the charge is one that qualifies. Good luck.

In California, registration as a sex offender is for lifetime. For some offenses, a person can apply to be relieved from this requirement via certificate of rehabilitation or pardon.

This is a general statement regarding law and facts and should not be construed as an attorney-client relationship or a solicitation for same.

Not for good conduct. But, there are factors that are favorable to having the registration removed, or at least excluded from the Megan's Law website. You can apply for such removal/exclusion with the DOJ. However, you must continue to register until the DOJ grants the removal/exclusion. Many attorneys offer a free consultation to discuss further and to assist you with the application to the DOJ. I wish you the best.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

you should contact the appellate district court project in your county and ask if they can possibly help you in any way some of these appellate court projects are filing writ of habeas corpus or other bits of relief for registered sex offenders you can also write to the DOJ and request that you not have to register anymore and you can also retain an attorney to file some kind of writ for you I don't specialize in those but I know that umm people are filing Ritz and receiving some relief especially with regard to the requirement to register which Austin renders people homeless so that they're actually the whereabouts are actually unknown because they're sleeping under a bridge or in the shelter and so then they're homeless and nobody knows where they are which kind of defeats the whole purpose of the law so um some appellate court projects are having luck with getting relief from that

This is not legal advice

Catherine Caroline Forbes

Catherine Caroline Forbes

sorry for the typos I dictated that if you reside in Santa Clara County the appellate court project is in Santa Clara and I can give you the information on that if you want to call me

Child abuse topics