Child Molestation and taking custody,I have a niece who has admitted to being molested by her mothers boyfriend. This is the s

Asked about 1 year ago - Kissimmee, FL

I have a niece who has admitted to being molested by her mothers boyfriend. This is the second time she has came out with it the first time sheriff was called department of children and family however the mother of the child coached her on what to say and nothing was done the mother covered for her boyfriend. The abuse has continued and now has progressed. My mother wants to take the kids away, what would be the best way in attempting to get the authorities involved and grandparents gaining custody. Let me inform you that my niece, her mother and grandparent live in the same household. The grandparents go away for a few months at a time to NY and the mother of the child is letting this man into there home. Please assist.....This is a family law and child molestation in the state of Florida

1. Justin Gary Hausler

1

Answered . Did DCF open a case? if not, you would begin the process by contacting DCF. (Sounds like law enforcement is already investigating) understand that there are limits to how many times a child can be interviewed. You will also want to speak to a lawyer once DCF opens a case.

2. Eric J Trabin

1

Answered . It is good that you have tried contacting law enforcement and I'm sorry that it didn't work out with them. I would also suggest contact the Department of Children and Families to report the suspected abuse. Call DCF at 1-800-962-2873. Your niece's mother can also file for an injunction for sexual violence against the perpetrator on behalf of the niece. A lawyer can help with all of this.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.