Child Custody and leaving the country

Asked almost 6 years ago - Saratoga Springs, NY

I am currently married and was thinking about leaving him and moving to another country with my three children. What do I need to do in order to make this happen? If we are not divorced what type of permission do I need from him to leave with them?

Additional information

If I left without any permission could I get arrested for abducting my children?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Michael E Hendrickson

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Absent a valid court order requiring notice and/or permisssion for your proposed move, you need noone's permission, but, of course, that in no way implies that this type of move on your part would necessarily be advisable either for you or your children.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,268 answers this week

2,783 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,268 answers this week

2,783 attorneys answering