Skip to main content

Child Custody

Dallas, TX |

My husband and I have been together for four years and we have a two year old daughter together. He also has an 5 year old from a previous relationship and the mother thinks that he doesn't deserve to see the child ever. How can we go by gaining joint custody of the child without having major problems with her? He really wants to see his child and he pays child support as well. We live in Dallas, Texas and the mother lives in Oklahoma City, oklahoma.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It is impossible to predict if there will be 'major problems' with her, as some people just have volatile personalities. If there are no court orders in place, he will need to retain counsel and file a Suit Affecting Parent-Child Relationship. If there are court orders in place, and since he pays child support, there probably are, then he needs an attorney in the jurisdiction of the orders. He would need to file for modification of conservatorship, and enforcement of the possession order. Good luck. TC


Since there is a child support order that your husband is following, I presume there is some existing order regarding parenting time? If there is, what does it say, and very importantly, what state issed the order?

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer