Child Custody/ Standard Visitation Orders.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Bronx, NY

I’m starting a Custody Case with my son’s mother. I have had my son more than half the time for almost 2 years, up until recently, we began 50/50 custody thru our own agreement until the case is settled. If I was to lose the case and his mother was granted custody does the judge automatically issue the standard “every other weekend visits”? or will they consider the fact that I’m highly involved in my son’s life and grant me more time? I’m afraid if I lose I won’t be able to be with my son as often as I have been.

1. 3

Best Answer

Answered . No, the Judge will not "automatically" issue an order of alternate weekend visitation. That's because every case is different - and plays out differently. One can only say that's the "average" visitation order for a non-custodial parent (and usually a mid-week dinner visit as well), but it's hard to predict what exactly will happen in your case. That said, you're highly encouraged to schedule a consultation with a Bronx Child Custody attorney.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
  2. 4

Answered . If you have set a precedent by sharing your son's physical custody equally, a Court will not decrease your time with him.

3. 2

Answered . From what you say, unless you are unrepresented in court, there is the high probability that the court will maintain the established relationship you descirbe.