Child custody, parental alienation, international move away, 730 custody evaluation.

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

My ex has been alienating me from our daughter since the day she was born.
Now she has requested an international move away to ride me of our daughters life for good. She claims her and her new husband have no money, yet they live a lavish life style and take european vacations annually.
During a conference call a few weeks ago between the judge my lawyer & opposing counsel the judge stated he was inclined to allow the mother to move with our child because the time I have with our child is so miniscule. The judge also stated During the conference call that he was not going to order a 730 eval because the parties do not have any money to pay for one. IF I have to I will find the money to pay for half of an evaluation.

The mother is completely lying about her income. I feel like I need a 730 custody eval to prove her actions are nothing more that a final ploy to eliminate me from our child for good. What can I do?

1. Sara Annette Simmons

1

1

Answered . Keep in mind that the court may fix compensation for a 730 Evaluator's services "at the amount that seems reasonable to the court." Evid. Code Section 730. Weigh the pros/cons of coming up with the funds. As for the move away, the court will have to consider a number of factors as listed in the cases of In Re Marriage of Burgess, In Re Marriage of LaMusga and other cases concerning international move aways. Best of luck to you and your family!

2. Luca Cristiano Maria Melchionna

1

Answered . Please consider seriously to hire an international attorney. Best

3. Igor Serbinin

Pro

1

Answered . You already have an attorney to ask all those questions and you are paying him to answer those. What is your question exactly? If you want to order this evaluation ask your attorney to file a motion for reconsideration and suggest pay for half of it or for all of it if you believe it will be helpful. Nevertheless your attorney is in the best position to make that call.