Child accidentally hit the neighbors car with bike while it was parked sideways on the apron and over the sidewalk am I liable?

Cincinnati, OH |

He was coming down the hill too fast and hit the back end of the neighbors car. However the car was parked sideways on the apron over the sidewalk because they had 4 cars already parked in the driveway. It's a small dent and scratch but they are wanting 1000.00

1. Is the child OK? It seems that your neighbor is gutsy. I would be more worried about the child being OK before, I start demanding compensation. YOur neighbor shares partly the blame to leave his car parked in an area where it is foreseeable that a child could ride his bycicle. Do not pay him. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

2. This is less about the "law" and more about your relationship with the neighbor. I would probably offer to pay to fix the scratch, but certainly not $1,000.00 without proof of the cost of service.

3. The neighbor should be worried about your child being injured, if you want to be civil you could offer to pay for the damage after they get an estimate at a mutually agreeable body shop, best of luck.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.