Child - Imigration

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

Me and my wife are in the USA legally to three months awaiting approval of our visa L1A.

Our daughter was in Brazil and wants to come to the U.S. now.

How she can enter the USA alone with 14? what she say?

We are afraid because it seems to me that she did not let enter, no deportation of minors.

What we need to deliver it to show the Immigration Officer at the airport upon entry.

Attorney answers (5)

  1. 10

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . First, she cannot enter unless she gets a derivative visa which she cannot get any sooner than your visa is approved. Second, you should not be that concerned. Once she has a visa, every major airline offers service nowadays for unaccompanied minors.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. 8

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You will need approval of your visa before you can apply for your daughter. It is best to consult your employer's immigration attorney.

    Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does... more
  3. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . As my colleague pointed out ... all airlines have flight attendants that make sure young people change planes safely.

    Or, you could go home to get your visa stamp ... which is the 'normal' thing to do.

    This causes me to wonder why you're in the US on B visas waiting for your L approval ... this is not the normal thing to do.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting... more
  4. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hello. After approval of your L-1, file for the derivative visa for your daughter. Regards.

  5. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Wait for approval of the L visa then she may apply for the L-2 or depart the US and have the visas issue in Brazil.


Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,097 answers this week

3,752 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,097 answers this week

3,752 attorneys answering