Checks were issued from insurance company for repairs to be done to my home. Person checks were issued to did not do repairs.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

House is located in Cofeild, NC. I am co-owner of house. Owners mother deposited checks, but no repairs were done to house. Checks were issued October 2011. Mother stated in November 2011 that $11,000.00 was already spent.

1. Howard Robert Roitman

Pro

Answered . Sounds like you may have a lawsuit with against the co-owner. Spent on the facts you tell us about half of the money is yours. See a local lawyer

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . The checks were issued to settle an insurance claim. The money does not actually have to get spent on repairs. However, as co-owner of the house, you likely had a right to half the money. You need to consult with a NC attorney ASAP to see what the statute of limitions is. You need to learn if any statute of limitations is imminent.