Chase bank representative is practically forcing me to pay the mortgage payment of $1350.00 10-18-13

Asked 9 months ago - Riverside, CA

I was behind two paymets as of august 2013 when i paid off one and owe one. On the 10th of the month there calling for the late payment which is actually one day late. and again on the 14th, 16th, and on the 18th , the same female who has been calling previously is talking to me im telling her my financial situation has not changed i am still unemployed like i have been the last two years . Im telling her im constantly looking for employment and have not succeeded up to this point . During this conversation she was constantly harrasing me to make the payment i felt pressured as if i owe the many months of payments. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to the next person up but he said he is not a supervisor but advised me to get a cease and desist.

1. Antoinette Cara Liewen

1

Answered . Please understand that if you fail to pay your mortgage, the bank will foreclose. You might want to consider a loan modification or a short sale.

2. Joseph Arthur Roberts

Answered . Chase's behavior is the natural result of you breaching your mortgage contract, regardless of the reason or extent of the default. Welcome to collections industry.

That said, you have rights and options to detailed to explain here. Skillfully managing a foreclosure situation is crucial to you avoiding the loss of your home or buying time to find the income you will need to keep the property. Get a lawyer.

3. Robert J Adams Jr.

Pro

Answered . If you can not make the payment the bank can proceed with a foreclosure. High unemployment has put so many good people in your situation. While the bank's representative may have been rude and unbusinesslike she did not violate any laws. If you have equity you may wish to sell the house as a foreclosure adds thousand of dollars to the balance. If you are underwater you could stop paying and wait out the foreclosure.