Chase bank representative is practically forcing me to pay the mortgage payment of $1350.00 10-18-13

Riverside, CA |

I was behind two paymets as of august 2013 when i paid off one and owe one. On the 10th of the month there calling for the late payment which is actually one day late. and again on the 14th, 16th, and on the 18th , the same female who has been calling previously is talking to me im telling her my financial situation has not changed i am still unemployed like i have been the last two years . Im telling her im constantly looking for employment and have not succeeded up to this point . During this conversation she was constantly harrasing me to make the payment i felt pressured as if i owe the many months of payments. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to the next person up but he said he is not a supervisor but advised me to get a cease and desist.

Please understand that if you fail to pay your mortgage, the bank will foreclose. You might want to consider a loan modification or a short sale.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising. Liewen Law is fully compliant with every State and Federal Law, including California SB 94 and the related Civil Code Sections, as well as the FTC Mortgage Assistance Relief Services (MARS) Final Rule. Liewen Law is a debt relief agency helping consumers file for bankruptcy relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code. Liewen Law maintains this website for marketing and informational purposes only. None of the information or materials on this site is legal advice. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. Said information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While we make every effort to keep this site accurate and up to date, we do not guarantee its accuracy and are not responsible for inaccuracies, errors, or omissions.

If you can not make the payment the bank can proceed with a foreclosure. High unemployment has put so many good people in your situation. While the bank's representative may have been rude and unbusinesslike she did not violate any laws. If you have equity you may wish to sell the house as a foreclosure adds thousand of dollars to the balance. If you are underwater you could stop paying and wait out the foreclosure.

Chase's behavior is the natural result of you breaching your mortgage contract, regardless of the reason or extent of the default. Welcome to collections industry.

That said, you have rights and options to detailed to explain here. Skillfully managing a foreclosure situation is crucial to you avoiding the loss of your home or buying time to find the income you will need to keep the property. Get a lawyer.