Clermont, FL |

Ok, this is how it all went, I took Chase Private Student Loan in 2009, because am not U.S. Citizen, I wad forced to have a co-signer. I carefully read Chase Student loan agreement before signing anything and it stated, “incase I make payment late or don’t make payment at the due date, the co-signer will be notified, however, if I make all my monthly payment on time or before due date, my co-signer will not be notified, in other words my co-signer will ONLY be notified if I default on the loan.”

Everything has been going well until last year November; they started sending all my letters EVERY month to my co-signer, even my monthly bill, every single moth, normally one for me and another letter to him. I called them and asked why this was happening, but no one could help me.

I informed them that the new policy that they came up with of sending my mails to my co-signer is NOT what I agreed and signed when I was getting the loan but they would NOT listen to me, ANY HELP? Why would they change policy agreement after I have taken the loan? This is NOT what I agreed. Any legal help to stop them? On my side, I have a very clean, outstanding, record I pay them on time 100%

Send them a certified letter with a copy of your agreement.
Demand they comply with the agreement or you be forced to
seek legal action.
See what happens next-if they have a right to change the agreement
in the fine print-you will be advised-if not-seek legal assistance.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

I agree with Counsel in that if the agreement so states, send a certified letter. It is my understanding that a co-signer is as responsible for the debt as you are but if Chase agreement with you states that they would only contact the co-signer if there is a default situation then they should comply. Good luck to you.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising.

Thanks Nishat, I appreciate your input. Do you only deal with business related cases?

Nishat Azam

Nishat Azam

You are welcome. In addition to Corporate Law, my firm does Immigration, Litigation and Bankruptcy work.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt