CHASE BANK, STUDENT LOAN HARASSMENT, I DESPERATELY NEED LEGAL HELP....

Asked over 1 year ago - Clermont, FL

Ok, this is how it all went, I took Chase Private Student Loan in 2009, because am not U.S. Citizen, I wad forced to have a co-signer. I carefully read Chase Student loan agreement before signing anything and it stated, “incase I make payment late or don’t make payment at the due date, the co-signer will be notified, however, if I make all my monthly payment on time or before due date, my co-signer will not be notified, in other words my co-signer will ONLY be notified if I default on the loan.”

Everything has been going well until last year November; they started sending all my letters EVERY month to my co-signer, even my monthly bill, every single moth, normally one for me and another letter to him. I called them and asked why this was happening, but no one could help me.

I informed them that the new policy that they came up with of sending my mails to my co-signer is NOT what I agreed and signed when I was getting the loan but they would NOT listen to me, ANY HELP? Why would they change policy agreement after I have taken the loan? This is NOT what I agreed. Any legal help to stop them? On my side, I have a very clean, outstanding, record I pay them on time 100%

1. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . Send them a certified letter with a copy of your agreement.
    Demand they comply with the agreement or you be forced to
    seek legal action.
    See what happens next-if they have a right to change the agreement
    in the fine print-you will be advised-if not-seek legal assistance.

2. Nishat Azam

Answered . I agree with Counsel in that if the agreement so states, send a certified letter. It is my understanding that a co-signer is as responsible for the debt as you are but if Chase agreement with you states that they would only contact the co-signer if there is a default situation then they should comply. Good luck to you.