Charges VC10851 (A) missunderstanding I reported my car stolen and pressed charges can I write a letter to the court and explain

San Bernardino, CA |

He is my uncle and i'm not pressing charges

1. It depends on what stage the case is at. If your uncle has an attorney, I'd definitely suggest making them aware of the situation. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

2. You certainly can do so, however, I would cc the prosecutor to get his respect. Also, as prior counsel has suggested, you may want to first contact your uncle's attorney to let him know what you intend to do. There may be something that attorney would specifically like the letter to address or clarify, in case negotiations are hung up on something. You then could help your uncle even more.

3. I agree with my colleagues. Contact uncles attorney first before you deal with court or DA.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

4. Explain the situation to both defense counsel for your uncle and the prosecutor, and do it soon.