Charges dropped but immigration hold still continues. Immigration lawyer needed?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

The father of my kids and I were both together and then got pulled over.When the officer checked our info, she saw I had a restraining order on the person I was with and arrested him right after.He went to court and the charges were dropped but he still has an immigration hold. He is a legal resident, is it possible that he may get his residency taken and deported. Should I hire an immigration lawyer for this? How long does ICE have to come and pick him up before they can release him?

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

7

1

Answered . Hire an experienced immigration attorney to assist you.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

6

1

Answered . Yes, you should meet with an immigration lawyer ... there may be something 'more' in his file that is a basis for the hold.

3. Gintare Grigaite

5

1

Answered . "Charges dropped but immigration hold still continues. Immigration lawyer needed?" - Certainly. If the deportation officer will not give the person a bond, he will remain in ICE's custody.

4. Ingrid Arnalda Morfa

5

1

Answered . You need to find out exactly why he is being held. Hiring an attorney to look into it is the best way to go.

5. Angelique Giselle Montes

Answered . Yes, you should hire an immigration attorney.