Skip to main content

Charged with possession of methamphetamine but did not have?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

Charged with both possession of methamphetamine and mdma when was only in possession of research chemical Methylone (analog of mdma)... Why is there a meth charge?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. I would guess the police thought it was meth or maybe a meth precursor. You need to hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP to represent you.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

  2. Police often arrest a person based on their presumptive field tests, but the evidence needs to be tested by an FDLE laboratory to be certain of the substance's chemical properties. Police often try to get as many criminal charges placed on a person and unfortunately this happens even when there is insufficient evidence. I strongly suggest you hire a criminal defense attorney to review the evidence in your case. If you have documentation that you were able to lawfully possess this chemical for research purposes then you would likely have a strong defense.

    This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.

  3. If there is evidence that you were not in possession of what they charged you with, or that the substance you were in possession of was not an illegal substance, your attorney should be able to get the charges dropped or win at trial...hire an attorney ASAP...

    Communication of information by or through this web site and your receipt or use of such information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics