Charged with mal. mis. in the 2nd - what charges could i be looking at?

Oak Harbor, WA |

I was previously charged with a mal. mis in the 3rd only seven months ago. I keyed a persons vehicle and when questioned by police and admitted doing it.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. Malicious Mischief 2 is a class C felony, so it's significantly more serious than your previous MM3 conviction. What your penalty might be depends on a lot of factors, including whether you have any other criminal history. If the prosecutor has charged you with a crime, you should have the opportunity to screen for a public defender. If you are ineligible for a public defender, I would recommend that you hire a private criminal defense attorney. Whether you have been charged or not, I would recommend that you speak to an attorney before speaking to the police any more about it AT ALL.

I agree with Ms. Anderson. The only thing I would add would be that a class C felony carries with it a maximum sentence of 5 years in jail and a $10,000 fine.