Charged with grand larceny in the 3rd d felony identity theft in the 1st class d forgery in the 1st class c

Asked about 2 years ago - New York, NY

never been in trouble a friend acusse me of stealing her card even though she was living with me i been taking care of her for sometime she filed the report months after im not understand y an she also lied in the report i did nothing without her constent she was like a daughter to me i took her in my home during the time she claim the money was spent she was there so how is it her word of mine please help .

1. Brian Daniel Perskin

Pro

3

1

Answered . From the very little that you mentions, I believe you should consider testying before the grand jury. Make sure you lawyer has filed the appropriate notices to protect your rights. My sense is this case maybe reduce to a lesser offense, but I would need more details.

2. Steven Marc Raiser

3

Answered . These are serious charges and involve more than just taking the card. Make sure you get an attorney right away to help you evaluate the situation. If the charges are fraudulent you will likely be able to get them dismissed.

3. John M. Cromwell

Pro

3

Answered . Many criminal cases boil down to one person's word against another's but by hiring an experienced cruminal defense lawyer with a good private investigator you may be able to uncover other evidence that refutes the words of your accuser.

4. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . This case sounds defensible. I suggest you retain a good criminal defense lawyer.
    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers.

Eric Rothstein
    11 Park Place, Suite 1100
    New York, New York 10007
    Phone: 212-577-9797
    Email: Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com
    Web site: www.RothsteinLawNY.com
    Free consultations by phone or in person

5. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

2

Answered . You need an attorney to argue your case. It is defensible BUT you need to explain to him all the facts and let him work from there.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net