Skip to main content

Charged with felony 3 after hitting a pedestrian even though it was pedestrians fault.

Bethlehem, PA |

I have a lawyer but I feel he is not doing anything to help out. On 4th of July my husband hit a pedestrian but in reality she hit us and bounced of the car. We were going to see fireworks and both sides of the street were full of cars parked on both sides. And on the left side their was an ice cream truck as we were getting closer to the end of the ice cream truck this woman surprisingly appeared at the same time as we were passing and she hit the drivers side near the light. The problem here is that my husband has no license only a Guatemala license and at the time he could not find it when the police asked for a license. My husband was going at a slow speed because the road was so crowded. Had a hearing the 12 she did not show. She send her lawyer stating she recently got out.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Best answer

    You husband needs a criminal defense lawyer immediately. The fact that he does not have a valid acceptable driver’s license could make this that much more of an issue. Some states escalate the charge for MVA involving personal injury when the defendant does not have a valid license. You should also ensure that you notify your insurance company of the incident asap because sounds like a civil personal injury lawsuit may be coming his way.

  2. Make an appointment with the lawyer and ask him to explain the status, if any.
    It only occurred a few weeks ago - there may not be that much to do at this point.

    Please note that we are not forming an attorney - client relationship and the advice is meant to be general. Law Offices of Joel J. Kofsky 1616 Walnut Street Suite 2110 Philadelphia, PA 19103

  3. You need a criminal defense attorney. You also need to turn this over to your auto insurance company if you have insurance.

    Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

  4. You state that you are unsatisfied with your lawyer, so you can switch lawyers. You can find a new one on Avvo's "find a lawyer." I'm sorry, but my firm only represents the victims of accidents. Good luck to you.

    The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

    Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102

    Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755

  5. I need to advise you not to share too many details beyond that. Second, since you have an attorney he is the only person that you should be turning to with these questions. Finally, it seems as if there may be a little more to this based upon the charges.

Traffic tickets topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics