Charged with DUI in 2010 and all charges dropped. This still shows on a DMV print out, how can one get this expunged?

Ok, so the question portion is far too small to truly ask this. There was a DUI charged back in 2010 and all charges were dropped due to chemical tests coming back under the legal limit. This person just went to DMV to obtain a print out and noticed that the charged offense is still on the aforementioned printout even though there was no conviction. I know that being convicted of a DUI offense stays on your record for 10 years, but having one thrown out it still stays on your driving record? I can't seem to find a straight answer for this and my next stop will be referring this person to possibly calling the courts. Any insight will be appreciated, thanks!

Sacramento, CA -

Joshua Kaizuka

Joshua Kaizuka

DUI / DWI Attorney - Sacramento, CA

Kind of like criminal arrest record, on a DMV printout, an alcohol related driving incident is recorded. Whether it turns into a suspension or a conviction is a different thing. It really doesn't matter unless there was an actual suspension or actual conviction as a result of the incident.

Matthew Murillo

Matthew Murillo

DUI / DWI Attorney - Redlands, CA

That's why its important to not just sit on things. It might have been possible t seal the arrest, maybe it still is. He should contact the attorney he had at the time or speak to some local attorneys and bring that DMV print-out with him.

Stephen Troy Allen

Stephen Troy Allen

DUI / DWI Attorney - Riverside, CA

I agree.. You can't expunge it if there was never a conviction. It will always be on your "arrest" record unless you can win a motion re: factual innocence. Talk to an attorney and see what your options are. It should not matter as long as there is NO conviction.