Charged with an OWI in Wisconsin; is it worth fighting?

Asked over 2 years ago - Appleton, WI

I was charged with an OWI (first) last weekend. I was pulled over for past due registration; completed all the tests and came with a breath test result of .10. One of my friends were hiding in the trunk (without my knowledge)... I was only issued one OWI ticket. I was then taken to a hospital for a blood test (results not given yet). I have talked to several defense lawyers in my area and am leaning towards hiring one to fight my case. Any suggestions??

1. Michael C. Witt

Pro

6

Answered . Yes. Hire the lawyer you are most comfortable with based upon your meetings with them, sooner rather than later. You are not going to learn anything on the internet that will trump the advice of experienced defense counsel.

2. John Scott Swimmer

1

Answered . Hire someone who is a member of the National College for DUI Defense. Their members have specialized training, and also try to find someone who frequently practices in that county and knows the judges.

3. Jonathan Burton Blecher

Pro

1

Answered . Mr. Witt gives excellent advice. If you feel you have a defensible case, sit down with an experienced DUI lawyer in your county and discuss your options. The internet is no replacement for a face to face meeting with a good lawyer.