Charged w/ ARS 13-602 Criminal Damage w/ domestic violence. I did not hit my boyfriend we were arguing & it was not physical dv

Tucson, AZ |

i previously had same crime 5-6 yrs ago in tx. I forget the results when i finished probation. I broke my boyfriends window and he said it will cost from 500-1000 depending on where he gets it replaced. I told him I would pay him the money after starting my job. We live together. I was intoxicated he was not. As for the domestic violence part of it I guess maybe it was the yelling at each other. I blacked out so there is only bits I remember. The judge let me out by ror & I do not know what to expect as to IF there is a plea agreement or should my best interest be a laywer?

Under Arizona Revised Statute 13-1602A1, a person commits criminal damage by recklessly defacing or damaging property of another. If the damage to the property is less than $1,000, you will be charged with a class 1 misdemeanor. If the damage is more than $1,000, but less than $2,000, you will be charged with a Class 6 Felony.

Here, because the victim is your boyfriend, you can be charged with domestic violence.

The maximum sentence for a Class 1 misdemeanor conviction is 6 months in jail. The maximum sentence for a Class 6 felony conviction is 1.5 years in prison. Moreover, if convicted of domestic violence, even if it is a misdemeanor conviction, you will lose your rights to possess a firearm and may be barred from ever becoming a teacher.

You are facing very serious charges and need to be represented by an attorney. I suggest calling an attorney immediately.

It would almost certainly be in your best interest to call an attorney and get some advise on how to proceed and explore the idea of having an attorney assist you in this situation. Most attorneys give a free consultation as well. Talk to a few and find one willing to help you in this situation that you trust.

Your best interest is always a lawyer. This is charged Domestic Violence because you most likely live with your boyfriend, are in a relationship, and/or have a child in common. DV has nothing to do with yelling. Breaking a window is considered criminal damage in AZ. This is a class 1 misdemeanor. You can get up to 6 months in jail and fined up to $2500.

There are many other things you need to discuss with an attorney in a private conversation. Contact a lawyer.

Good luck,

Aaron Black
Criminal & DUI Defense Attorney
Law Office of Aaron M. Black, PLLC
3219 East Camelback Road #573
Phoenix, AZ 85018
Office #: 480-729-1683