Charged for Indecent Exposure, possibility of case being dropped/dismissed/etc.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lodi, CA

Hi, I'm a highschool student & I was recently pulling off a prank in the hallway by acting like I was using a garbage can to go to the restroom & security caught me & when I was in the office, the school's resource officer happened to be there to cite me. I was cited for Indecent Exposure & suspended for 5 days. Also, my first offense on school & police records. On the citation, it was marked as misdemeanor. I spoke to my friend's father who is a police officer in a nearby city, & he told me the case won't hold up in court because there was no sexual gratification & I can't be pinned to the crime because all I did was sit on the garbage can with a partial part of my ass showing. He also told me if I end up do going to court, I should not take a plea. What's most likely going to happen?

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

2

Answered . I was with you right up until you specified that you did this when "nobody" was around.

If you sat on a garbage can with your pants down just for the enjoyment of it when no one was around to even pretend to laugh or enjoy the sight of you being so hilariously outrageous, then perhaps consider a psychological evaluation as part of your defense.

2. Robert Laurens Driessen

1

1

Answered . Get an attorney. This is not a case that you want to plead guilty to and an attorney should be able to get this case dismissed.
    Robert Driessen

3. Charles Kevin Stoddard

Answered . Get a lawyer yesterday. While this seems on its face to be a simple case, the long term possible ramifications are staggering and you are far to young to be labeled as a sex offender (yes, it is possible) with lifetime consequnces. Get a lawyer and keep your pants up in the future.