Charged and convicted of 12500(a) VC infraction. I'm on H-1B visa. Do I need to mention this in DS-160?

Asked over 1 year ago - Monterey Park, CA

Hi,
I was charged and convicted of 12500(a) VC infraction,unlicensed driver, in California. It's a wobbler in California. I was NOT arrested. I was NOT finger printed. I'm on H-1B visa and I'm planning to attend visa interview abroad in a month. Do I need to mention this in my DS-160 form? The form asks

"Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?"

What do I say to above question. My record is clean otherwise.
I did livescan DoJ check in CA which came clean. I obtained court document which clearly lines out the charge and conviction as infraction. I'm worried if saying "Yes" to this question will delay my visa processing.

1. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

3

Answered . You'll want to bring certified court disposition docs to your interview, and answer all questions truthfully on forms and in person. Touch base with an immigration attorney.

2. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

2

Answered . You need to answer all inquiries truthfully and bring certified documentation to your visa interview. Please consult with an immigration attorney for additional information.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . Definitely. Be truthful and you need t discuss that with your counsel of record further.

4. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

2

Answered . You state that you have a conviction so you should answer yes to the question and bring a certified copy to the interview.