Chapter 7 means test. How do I treat auto lease payment? differently than regular loan? what about in regard to schedule B?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Riverside, CA

Just wondering how specifically to deal with my auto lease payment.

1. Brian Crozier Whitaker

1

Answered . Mr Wrobel's numbers are for the Ch13 "means test", but otherwise correct. You can count the car in both the operating expense category and the ownership/lease category.

2. Patrick Begley

2

Answered . Take the standard deduction on means test and you wouldn't list on schedule B because you don't have an ownership interest in the vehicle. You need to list the lease on Schedule G as an executory contract. You also need to list the creditor as a secured creditor. You need to indicate on SOFA that the vehicle is property you're holding for a third-person. You should get an attorney.

3. Joseph Wrobel

Pro

1

Answered . Means Test - 1 vehicle operated for paragraph 27a; for paragraph 28, you subtract the average monthly cost from the IRS standard ownership.

Schedule B has nothing to do with the means test.

A leased vehicle need not be listed in Schedule B.

Regular loans are not included in the Means Test.

I suggest you contact an experienced local bankruptcy attorney to assist you.