Chapter 13 bankruptcy credit cards

Asked almost 2 years ago - Spring, TX

My debt is $60,000, my job income is stable, more than 10 yrs working steadily, gross income is $3290,

1. Matthew Erik Johnson

8

Answered . What is the question?

If you are asking whether Chapter 13 is the best way, or advisable - then maybe at that debt level you should file for BK.

If you were filing in WA, your income would be below the single family average,so you could file for Chapter 7, which is typically the preferred option unless you are trying to protect something like a home.

A better and deeper look at your debts, and the types of debts, would give me a better picture of which chapter would be better for you.

2. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

7

Answered . None of that matters. What matters is 1) your family size and 2) how much money you have left after paying for your necessary living expenses. If under $200/month, you might be eligible to eliminate your debts in Chapter 7. Hope this perspective helps!

3. Michael Glynn Busby Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . I would try to get a chance after 7 but if you insist chapter 13 maybe the route to go you're probably under the median income for this region in there for a call if I for Chapter 7 in received this you're probably under the median income for this region and would qualify for Chapter 7 in ,

4. John Thomas Black

Pro

3

Answered . If your total gross monthly household income is $3290 per month, you are under the "median" income and would likely qualify for chapter 7.

Or if you can afford to make a monthly payment to a chapter 13 plan, you can choose to file chapter 13 if you wish, if you just want to repay part of your debt, if your actual living expenses are extremely low, or if you have other reasons to file chapter 13.

You should consult with an experienced bankruptcy attorney to review all of your options.

We are a debt relief agency and we help people file for relief under the bankruptcy laws.
  5. Michael Avanesian

Pro

4

Answered . Without knowing more, Chapter 7 looks like a better option.

6. Thomas A McAvity

Pro

3

Answered . The information that you have provided is too incomplete to provide any meaningful guidance. Good luck.

7. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. However, you must consult an experienced bankruptcy attorney who will conduct a statutorily required "Means Test" to determine if you can file a Chapter 7. If you have too much money left each month after all of your expenses are covered, you would be required to file a Chapter 13. Good luck to you.

J Thomas Smith, J.D., Ph.D.
    11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280
    Houston, TX 77092
    www.713LAWYER2.info