Chapter 11 Case 1111(b) / Plan Objection

Asked over 3 years ago - Henderson, NV

chapter 11 case. Few properties of mine under chapter 11 case; the creditors has elected treatment under 1111(b). Have couple of questions for you.
1. How do I get the plan confirmed (after 5 years) so that If I wanted to sell the property after 5 years in the plan: I don't have to pay proof of cliam field by the creditor vs plan appraised value. For example proof of cliam is 650K vs current appraised value $350K. What would be my responsiblity
2. Another property: 1111(b) election was filed; current market value is 40K; proof of claim 130K; based on the plan creditor gets total of 70K; now creditors filed an objection to the plan; because which is considerably less than the amount of Secured Creditor’s claim.
claim.

Based on your experience how the judge treat the 1111(b) on a real estate investor.
What else I should expect from creditor who has elected treatment under 1111(b)
Should I change my lawyer?

1. Andrew Daniel Myers

Answered . Chapter 11 cases require much more thorough analysis than we can give on this side of the computer based on a summary. I know this is not the answer that you are looking for, but I believe that you need to work with your attorney and fully discuss the issues behind your question.

I truly wish you the best.

If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies. In the event that you have follow up questions, please post them directly on this site. This does not create an attorney-client relationship and the attorney does not read unsolicited emails. Thank You.