Changing status of visit visa B2 to investment visa E2

Asked 9 months ago - San Diego, CA

I am an Iranian national, marred, already in USA, is that possible for me to change my status? How long dose it teaks? How much I have to pay? what document do I need ? after how long I can apply for my wife visa?
please send me the all other points that I have to know ...
thanks

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . Yes, you may be qualified to change your status to E-2. Please see

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . Hire an immigration attorney to know the points or do your research and try to understand this rather complicated area on your own. It is up to you.

3. Pablo Husayn Nossa

4

Answered . Depending on how much time you have remaining on your B1/2 you may be eligible to change status. Time, cost and documentation will vary depending on the business, your level of readiness and the type of business you are looking to purchase or start. You may require an OFAC license depending on where your funds are. Your wife will be eligible to apply for a visa once your E-2 is approved. Familiarize yourself with the terms substantial investment and do some more research on the requirements and restrictions of an E-2 before moving forward. Consult an attorney experienced with E visas.

4. Eliza Grinberg

4

Answered . You might want to uscis.gov as a start point for your research.

Pro

3

Answered . Investment needs to be substantial

6. Habib Hasbini

1

Answered . Yes, you can

Law Offices of Hasbini 619-200.8986. Free on phone and in office consultation. http://www.sandiegoemploymentlawyer.net
  7. Maria J. Marty

1

Answered . You might be able to change status to E2, an attorney would need to review the conditions of your B2 entry and evaluate the strength of an E2 case. If the change is approved, your wife would be eligible to apply for an E2 visa abroad. This is such a complicated area of immigration law that attempting it on your own would be a mistake. Set up a consultation with an attorney that knows E2s ASAP and plan your strategy well from the beginning.