Changing my Driver's license after receiving the marriage certificate,and before changing my status

Asked almost 2 years ago - Bettendorf, IA

I just got married to a US citizen,I am out of status now but i have a driver's license from a different state ,I need to change it to my wife state and address,we are staying together,is that possible?or i need to change my status through immigration first

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Once you obtain an employment authorization card aspartame of your AOS application,you'll be able to apply for a DL at your wife's state where you hopefully currently reside as well.

    Do it now; you don't have to wait until you are actually admitted into permanent residence status.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,949 answers this week

2,798 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,949 answers this week

2,798 attorneys answering