Changing my Driver's license after receiving the marriage certificate,and before changing my status

Bettendorf, IA |

I just got married to a US citizen,I am out of status now but i have a driver's license from a different state ,I need to change it to my wife state and address,we are staying together,is that possible?or i need to change my status through immigration first

Once you obtain an employment authorization card aspartame of your AOS application,you'll be able to apply for a DL at your wife's state where you hopefully currently reside as well.

Do it now; you don't have to wait until you are actually admitted into permanent residence status.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.