Changing jobs with approved I-140

Asked about 1 year ago - Minneapolis, MN

Hi,
I need your expert advice on my situation explained below. Appreciate you taking time to help me.

I currently have an approved I-140 with Jan 2012 (Date of Labor) priority date for EB2 Category. I am currently working as a Technical Analyst. At my current company, there is an opportunity to move to a Project management job. My manager is willing to let me make the switch. However, me and my manager are concerned if this will impact the green card processing negatively. Also, what steps should we take to complete the process (ex : Amending my current H1B, Filling Labor, I-140 for new job, ...). Will I be able to retain my priority date?

Looking forward for your input.

Thanks.

1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

5

Answered . Personally, I have noted a troubling recurrent pattern as follows: an overwhelming number of foreign nationals seeking H1B are placing a barrage of very complex questions attempting to complete that elaborate process groping around in the dark, when the very first thing they need to do is retain one competent immigration visa attorney to avoid mistakes, omissions, delays and denials.

2. John M Connell

Pro

4

Answered . Since this appears to be an immigration question I will switch your category for you so that you can get some answers from the attys that are familiar with that area of the law.

3. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

3

Answered . You should consult your employer's immigration attorney as the attorney knows all of the facts surrounding your case.

4. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . My esteemed colleague is absolutely right. Enough already! Spend the money an have a Consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area about all these Case specific, highly convoluted and complex questions. Any skilled immigration lawyer you consult will tell you that job promotions are okay and will not hamper the green card process already in progress.