Changing Job after I140 is approved

Dearborn, MI |

My I 140 ( EBB ) has been approved and I got 1 year HOB extenuation sept 2013 . I want OT change job if I get a direct position for some other company . My question is , If I get a job offer can my new employer apply for HOB extension beyond sept 2013 based on my current I140 . Does my current company have to apply for PERM and I140 right away or they can wait for some time before they can begin the CG process again .

1. I am sure that you will receive greater satisfaction in Immigration.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

2. There is no EBB category, no HOB visa and no CG process in US immigration law. If you are talking about an H-1B visa, a new employer would need to start a green card process at least 18 months before your H-1B status expires in order for you to be able to extend that status, if you are reaching or have reached the 6 year maximum.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.