Changing Job after I140 is approved

Asked over 1 year ago - Dearborn, MI

My I 140 ( EBB ) has been approved and I got 1 year HOB extenuation sept 2013 . I want OT change job if I get a direct position for some other company . My question is , If I get a job offer can my new employer apply for HOB extension beyond sept 2013 based on my current I140 . Does my current company have to apply for PERM and I140 right away or they can wait for some time before they can begin the CG process again .

Attorney answers (2)

  1. George Ellis Corson IV

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am sure that you will receive greater satisfaction in Immigration.

    We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . There is no EBB category, no HOB visa and no CG process in US immigration law. If you are talking about an H-1B visa, a new employer would need to start a green card process at least 18 months before your H-1B status expires in order for you to be able to extend that status, if you are reaching or have reached the 6 year maximum.

    Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,048 answers this week

3,427 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,048 answers this week

3,427 attorneys answering