Changing Job after approved I140

Santa Clara, CA |

I recently got H1 Extension based on my approved I140. I am planning to change my job and the new company is ready to transfer my H1 and immediately start with the new Perm process.
However I recently found that the new company had layoffs, just wondering if my Perm application will have issues just because the company had layoffs. Should I go ahead with my transfer or should stay with my current company as my new PERM might have issues because of the layoffs.

Would appreciate if you can kindly guide me to take proper decision.

You truly need to schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney and have a talk. You can afford it.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Maybe. We need more information regarding the layoffs and your position etc. this issue definitely requires a consultation.

Due to the nature of this forum, Attorney Maria J. Marty does not have all the information required to provide legal advice. Accordingly, her responses on Avvo are intended as general and not legal advice.

there are very narrow rules for that.

Recommended articles about Immigration