Skip to main content

Changing B1 tourist VISA to F1 when in states

San Diego, CA |

Hi, Is it possible to get admission to school and change your VISA to F1 when you are in states on B1 tourist VISA? Can anybody recommend and attorney who can help do this?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Yes, its possible. Talk to the school DSO about your plans, they can likely help you. If you still want an attorney, search on Avvo for someone close to you, there are many great attorneys in CA.

    I am a lawyer but I am not your lawyer unless we have spoken and we have entered into an attorney-client relationship. Due to the nature of this forum, I often do not have all the information required to provide legal advice. Accordingly, my responses on Avvo are intended as general and not legal advice.

  2. It is possible, yes, but the timing has to work out. Speak to your potential school's DSO.

    Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  3. Yes, it i possible.

    Law Offices of Hasbini 619-200.8986. Free on phone and in office consultation.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics